Does anyone else loathe leftovers? As a mom and food-enthusiast, I try to reinvent meals as often as I am able. We get bored easy. So, after a yummy grilled dinner we take these kebabs and wrap them up and have them as a second meal- remade!
I will be sharing recipes weekly on this blog- both from the app and from the ones we try and add to our faves. But, I will be sharing even more often in our fb group. Want our Cooking Club updates? Make sure and join our JPF Family Fb Group and subscribe to our blog below.
Chimichurri Chicken Kebabs
These kebabs are jam-packed full of flavor and nutrition. If you plan to use these as wraps, double the sauce recipe and save some to use as a dressing throughout the week.
1 ½ lb
chicken breasts, boneless skinless
1 small bunch
2 cloves garlic
1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
2 red bell peppers
½ lb white mushrooms
2 medium zucchini squash
crushed red pepper
extra virgin olive oil
red wine vinegar
virgin coconut oil
1. If using wooden skewers, place 6-8 skewers in a shallow dish of water to soak until you are ready to use them.
2. Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley 1 small bunch cilantro 2 red bell peppers 2 medium zucchini squash ½ lb white mushrooms
3. Shave parsley and cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves; transfer to a large bowl.
4. Peel and mince garlic and add to the bowl.
2 cloves garlic
5. To make the chimichurri sauce, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, and spices to the bowl with the fresh herbs and garlic. Stir to combine. Pour half of the sauce into a small bowl and set aside.
½ cup extra virgin olive oil ¼ cup red wine vinegar 1 tsp oregano ½ tsp cumin ¼ tsp crushed red pepper 1 tsp salt
6. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes. Add to the medium bowl with half of the chimichurri sauce and stir to coat.
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
7. Peel and chop onion into 1-inch pieces and add to another medium bowl.
1 medium red onion
8. Seed the peppers and chop into 1-inch pieces. Halve zucchinis lengthwise, then slice crosswise into 1-inch half rounds; halve the mushrooms. Add veggies to the bowl with the onions.
9. Add oil, salt, and pepper to the veggies and toss until well coated.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil