This was a yummy side Joel had chosen to go with our Instant Pot Pork Loin.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
6 large russet potatoes
1 cup finely grated Gruyère cheese
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups heavy cream
4 cloves large garlic minced
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4 pounds to 4 ½ russet potatoes peeled and sliced about 1/8-inch thick., about 6 very large
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and slice your potatoes (preferably with a mandolin slicer at 1/8").
3. Combine cheeses into a bowl, leaving about a 1/2 cup for topping. Add in cream, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Butter a large casserole dish. Begin to place potatoes vertically in dish. Continue placing potatoes in the dish, working around the perimeter and into the center until all the potatoes have been added, being careful not to pack the potato slices too tightly.
5. Pour remaining cheese mixture over top of potatoes.
6. Cover with tin foil tightly and bake for 45 minutes.
7. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes. If potatoes in center are not tender, bake an additional 10 minutes until golden brown.
8. Top with reserved cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes. Allow 10 minutes to cool before serving.
From Our Kitchen to Yours,
We are thrilled to share our recipes straight from our family to yours. Grab your ingredients, your kids, and your phone to explore with us.
Tag us at @jacksonpinefarm and #jacksonpinefarm. We love to inspire you to have fun in the kitchen with your family.
Recipe and Photo credit: The Laughing Spatula
If you purchase the tools through our link, we may earn a profit as an Amazon Associate. As always, we appreciate all of your support.