Who doesn't love French Toast? It's only even better when you add fresh fruit and a little rum, right?! Add these ingredients to your weekend brunch shopping list.
For those of you who don't know me personally, I am not much of an alcohol guru, but I do LOVE to cook with it every chance I can to spice up my dishes and add some extra flavor.
I will be sharing recipes weekly on this blog- both from the app and from the ones we try and add to our faves. But, I will be sharing even more often in our fb group. Want our Cooking Club updates? Make sure and join our JPF Family Fb Group and subscribe to our blog below.
Rum Peach French Toast
This recipe has been around in my family for a few years and it's become a staple. Once you try it, it will be in yours too.
Mamas don't fret, the kids will never know. It's totally safe to allow your littles to eat this too. ;)
Fruit of your choice (strawberries, peach, etc.)
2/3 Cup milk
1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tbsp Kahlua Rum
1 Loaf Texas Toast
Butter for cooking
Powdered Sugar for dusting
1. First, you want to cut your fresh fruit and add a little sugar into a bowl. Cover it and let it soak in the sugar while you cook.
2. Next, make the batter by adding the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and rum to a bowl and whisk together.
3. Next, pour the batter in a shallow dish, such as a pie pan. Heat a griddle or frying pan to medium high heat, around 350 degrees.
4. Add a slice of Texas Toast to the pie plate and allow it to soak for 10 seconds on each side. Don't let it sit and get soggy- YUCK!
5. Place the bread slices on the hot griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until it is golden brown.
6. Remove the french toast from the griddle and serve immediately, or keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
7. Top with powdered sugar, fresh fruit, and syrup