The oily Biz
how to sell a kit
This is my process from start to finish when it comes to selling a kit.
1. Post a story on Facebook or Instagram about using oils/use oils in public/mention them when someone asks what I do for X, Y, or Z. People will tell you what their pain points are- that is gold because now you have something to share about. You have a solution. Now, jump on and tell the world, "So I had a friend ask me about X, Y, or Z. So, I suggested they could use _____ to help them ______." Someone else will have that same issue.
2. If someone comments on my post, I ALWAYS respond to them in the actual post. Don’t hit “reply” - instead answer them in a new comment- this boosts the likelihood of someone else seeing the answer too. I answer the question and just start a natural conversation. I will also always end the post something like "I'll shoot you a message!" and then I send them a PM.
3. Private Message (PM)/Text/E-Mail (see script below. But here is the thing… this is just a guide for you to create your own. You are just talking to a friend about something you love. DO NOT OVERTHINK THIS. Share from you heart. Change this “script” so it sounds like YOU. Your friends want to hear your experience and YOUR voice. And you want to help them! So don’t be a robot. HA!)
I love to send a voice message over messenger because it is good for them to hear my voice, the inflation and the care.
"Hey ______ (call her by name)!! Have you used oils before too?"
"Yes, I use *insert crappy oil here* but I don't really do that much with it. I wasn't sure how to use it."
"Oh cool! Yeah I started a few years ago, but honestly didn't know where to start. I got into thieves about 8 months ago when I wanted my home to be chemical-free. I heard about this mini kit class a friend of mine was hosting in a group on Facebook and then did a ridiculous amount of research. I started learning more about oils and realized that I was so glad I had chosen Young Living because of their Seed to Seal process. They LITERALLY control every single step in the process, so you can actually use them internally, as well as on the skin or diffused. It's crazy because at this point we use them for EVERYTHING. Like have thrown out our medicine cabinet. What else have you been thinking of using oils for?"
^^ See, conversation. No pushy sales stuff, just a little info. NOW at this point, I just keep the conversation going. Does she want more sleep? I tell her what I use on myself and Freddie for sleep. Muscle aches? Panaway is awesome. She doesn't need you to verbal vomit everything you know at once. Think "what would I need to hear to say 'YES' if this was me?"
Just be YOU!
4. Your friend wants to get started with oils YAY!
Guys. TELL THEM ABOUT THE STARTER KIT. It is the best value and the best way to get started. PERIOD. I say “Okay you wanna grab oils, girl get the starter kit. It is how everyone starts. It’s $165, has your diffuser, 12 oils you will legit use for alllll the things, some antioxidant (Ningxia Red!) samples, a Thieves Spray and Hand Sanitizer (throw them in your bag!) and you’ll be all set. It's literally an oily tool box for every need you could possibly have for your and your family's health and wellness.”
If they wanna buy just a a few, then do the math for them!
“Okay, what which ones? Let me grab you prices”
5. Break down the math. (I know, math, yuck, haha)
"Okay, so if I get you a lavender, panaway, and peppermint with my discount, your total will be $80.25 plus tax and shipping. Now that I'm looking at it, that is def not the best option. When I got started with oils, I got the Premium Starter Kit, and it has all 3 of those oils you want in it, plus 9 more, and a diffuser (which I literally use day and night), some of the thieves products, and a bunch of other goodies. It's $165 (and wellllll over $400 value if you bought them all individually) so it's kind of a no brainer based on what you want to try."
"Duh, sounds awesome, how do I get it?"
6. Send them sign up instructions:
“Here is how to order your kit 😊
-Go to <<<(insert your custom link)>>>
- Choose “Member” - there are NO STRINGS ATTACHED to this whatsoever. No monthly requirement, and you never have to sell a thing (although once you start using them, people will start asking you about them🤣 happens every time lol and yes def the opportunity is here for ya if you want it!)
- As a member, you will get a 24% discount for the rest of the year on any additional oil purchases. 👏🏻👏🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻❤️❤️.
- The number that should be entered as enroller and sponsor is <<<enter your member number>>>.
- Choose Premium Starter Kit. This includes the 12 oils we went over, plus the diffuser, and a bunch of samples and information to get you started!
- This is optional, best thing to do is select your PSK, then click the box below, reading, “Use the selected Premium Starter Kit as my first Essential Rewards order and sign me up for an Essential Rewards subscription.
- If you do it this way, you'll get a free 5ml oil and $10 back from YL in ER points (store credit🙌🏻) immediately. ER is the best way to start swapping out stuff you're already buying with healthier options.
- Don't need anything in next month? Totally fine, just cancel it in two seconds with YL, but keep your freebies 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 13 oils instead of 12 holllllla!!!🎉 Thieves cleaner and Valor are such good second order products, or Super B and Ningxia.
-YL literally makes allll the things you’re already buying at the store so Essential Rewards is a total win.
- My team and I will send some goodies to help get you started, and I'll also send you an email with some tips and tricks, plus add you to our oil group on FB - JPF Ditch and Switch Lifestyle. You will know exactly how to use your oils! 😘😘”
7. You sold a kit!!!!! Congratulations!
-Kindly Borrowed and Altered from Annie Hauser, Modern Essentials